Are you looking for stock footage to complete your creative projects? Visual content has been an important part of blogs, websites, and other promotional materials. It increases share-ability of articles and social media posts, attracts new visitors, and retain existing customers. For years, the stock footage industry has been led by two giant stock sites – Corbis and Getty Images. They boast the highest quality stock content with unique appeal. Thus, they are also some of the more expensive.
In this article, we are going to talk more about Corbis videos. Corbis videos, like Getty Images videos, possess certain qualities that make them unique and more appealing than that of other stock media agencies. Thus, it brought great sadness to the creative community when the news of the stock site closing its doors broke. But, there is no need for tears. Corbis videos is simply migrating to a new and better home. Here are 9 things you need to know about it:
- The Corbis Motion, Images and Veer were acquired by Visual China Group (VCG), which has a partnership with Getty Images. It is in line with the group’s strategy to expand globally.
- Effective on May 2, 2016, the Corbis website will no longer be accessible to its consumers. On the other hand, you are invited to enjoy the benefits at Getty Images.
- All existing members of the stock site will no longer have access to Corbis videos and images, as well as their previous activities at the stock site.
- Due to the content’s migration to Getty Images, pricing will also change according to the latter’s terms and conditions. You may talk to a sales representative from Getty to learn more about it.
- If you have existing agreements with Corbis, contact Getty Images to learn more about transitioning.
- Have no Getty account? Corbis automatically created an account for you using your Corbis email address. If you are already a Getty customer, just continue to access your Getty account.
- Not all Corbis videos and images will be migrated to Getty Images. Only the most popular content will be moved, along with the stock site’s media partners.
- Although a significant amount has already been selected by experts to be migrated to Getty Images collection, others will be moved during the summer.
- Getty Images offers its customers a new way to purchase Getty Images footages and stills with Ultrapacks. Ultrapacks simplify licensing and offer built-in savings. With this merge, Corbis customers can also purchase Corbis videos with these Ultrapacks.
This merge is not something to be sorrowful about. It needs to be celebrated. Now, you have a wider collection of premium stock footages to choose from. What you can’t find in the original Getty Images videos collection, you will now have from Corbis. This gets most of the world’s most stunning visual content in a single place.